2021 Chartered Council
STARS for Children of Marion County
President: Heather Wildrick-Holman
3801 N. Temple Avenue
Indianapolis, In 46205
Email: Heather firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PCAINMarionCounty See their Facebook Page for their events and trainings.
- Pinwheels for Prevention
- SafeTots community trainings
- Movie Screenings
- Distributing Child Safety literature
- Safe Sleep Community Action Team
STARS for Children of Marion County Council has been a PCAIN Chartered Council since 2016.
We meet bimonthly on the 1st Tuesday at 1:00 pm Virtually on Zoom until it is safe to meet in person.
- Pinwheels for Prevention! Plant a pinwheel garden AND display this virtual one, showing your commitment for #GreatChildhoods in April, (and all year long)!
- STARS for Children is proud to partner again this year with local YMCA locations and Warren Early Childhood Center to host pinwheel gardens, pass out our prevention tool kits, and to have the children they serve make their own handmade pinwheel crafts!
- Community Partners for Child Safety Marion Co. is also having a coloring contest. Share with families! (see attached flyers)
Have a child color the pinwheel coloring sheet OR draw one. Once its submitted the child is entered into a Family Game Night gift basket raffle!
- 10 Ways You Can Prevent Child Abuse flyer!
- Web link to calendar: http://ow.ly/k2lX50E0G90
Wear Blue Day! #WearBlue2021
Prevent Child Abuse Awareness Month kick off day!
Tune in on Facebook live to watch PCAIN plant their pinwheel garden early in the day and then later in the day hear from the CEO of PCA and the State Director of DCS!
- Prevent Child Abuse Indiana Prevent Child Abuse Month Kick Off 9am
Hosted by: Prevent Child Abuse Indiana
PCAIN staff livestreaming on Facebook their annual kickoff event & planting 1,000 pinwheels to represent the babies that will be born in Indiana this year and the promise that the babies hold.
- Indiana DCS/PCAIN Child Abuse Prevention Month Kickoff 1pm
Hosted by: Indiana DCS & Prevent Child Abuse Indiana https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86202645846
- Show Your Support Saturday!
Will you take a couple of minutes and add the Child Abuse Prevention Month frame to your Facebook profile photo? It’s available at www.facebook.com/profilepicframes
It’s a simple yet powerful way to show your friends that you’re helping to grow a better tomorrow for all children.
- “Let’s Chalk About Prevention” drive through event at MCCOY @ 10a & Chalk Art Contest (see attached flyers)
Be sure to tune in to the local news, as our local DCS Director and other local leaders will be having a small celebratory event to celebrate & highlight the month!
- April 8th is the World Day for Prevention and Healing from Child Sexual Abuse. Together, we can help prevent child sexual abuse and nurture and heal survivors and their family members. #GrowingBetterTogether
Like and Follow the account @April8WorldDay to get involved!
Example of their campaign: https://www.facebook.com/April8WorldDay/posts/214525050463473